Helping individuals, families, and organizations create a better future.
Patricia Angus is an Adjunct Professor, Founding Managing Director of the Global Family Enterprise Program, and Faculty Director of Enterprising Families Executive Education at Columbia University's Graduate School of Business. She teaches individuals and groups in both academic and non-academic settings, using an accessible style without “dumbing down” the key concepts of family enterprise, wealth, and philanthropy.
An engaging speaker who combines professional expertise with compassionate insights, Patricia Angus is available as a guest speaker and keynote for groups large and small. She can help your family, firm, or group gain new insights and explore new ways of thinking about timeless issues.
Family. Wealth. Business. Enterprise. Philanthropy. Society. These are all big concepts that touch upon some of the most important experiences in our lives. They represent the heart of human history; their integration will determine our future. Since the early 1990's, I have focused exclusively on helping clients grapple with these complex issues. I have learned that these big concepts cannot be separated from each other, and that each requires serious attention. Today, I share this expertise and experience by leading a consulting practice, teaching in and out of formal settings, and writing for readers of all backgrounds. I am driven to work with others who are interested in asking important questions, developing practical plans, and adjusting along the way. There are no simple answers, but I've had enough positive experiences to believe in the possibility of a better future.
- TEP Designation, Society of Trusts & Estates Practitioners
- Juris Doctor, George Washington University School of Law
- Masters in International Affairs, Concentration in International Law and Organizations, Columbia University School of International & Public Affairs
- Bachelor of Arts cum laude, History and French majors, Amherst College
- Board Member and Fellow, Family Firm Institute (FFI)
- Advanced Certificate in Family Wealth Advising, Certificate in Family Business Advising, from FFI
May we help you?
- Strategic planning with practical action steps for individuals, families, and organizations.
- Critical analysis of complex family trusts, businesses, holding companies, family office challenges.
- Compassionate guidance for members of families with complex multi-generational assets.
House of Redstone: Family Enterprise in Three Acts
Investigating the family enterprise, ownership, and governance lessons that can be gleaned from the multigenerational saga of the Redstone family.
Pritzker Family Enterprise: A Family Governance Case Study
What does the Pritzker family story, one of the wealthiest and most philanthropic families in the United States, tell us about family governance? (Chosen for competition in the 6th Global Family Enterprise Case Competition.)
Patricia Angus believes in fostering positive relationships within families, between families and advisors, and most importantly within society. Her newsletter, Building Bridges, provides insights and resources on a periodic basis. Previously, she wrote an ongoing column under the title Building Bridges for Trusts & Estates, the pre-eminent peer reviewed publication in the field.
The Beneficiary Primer: A Guide for Beneficiaries of Family Trusts
This primer is a "go to" resource for anyone who has been named as a beneficiary. Now available for purchase online. Order here.
The Trustee Primer: A Guide for Personal Trustees
Essential guidance for those who create, administer and benefit from trusts. Order here.