Family. Wealth. Business. Enterprise. Philanthropy. Society. These are all big concepts that touch upon some of the most important experiences in our lives. They represent the heart of human history; their integration will determine our future. Since the early 1990's, I have focused exclusively on helping clients grapple with these complex issues. I have learned that these big concepts cannot be separated from each other, and that each requires serious attention. Today, I share this expertise and experience by leading a consulting practice, teaching in and out of formal settings, and writing for readers of all backgrounds. I am driven to work with others who are interested in asking important questions, developing practical plans, and adjusting along the way. There are no simple answers, but I've had enough positive experiences to believe in the possibility of a better future.
- TEP Designation, Society of Trusts & Estates Practitioners
- Juris Doctor, George Washington University School of Law
- Masters in International Affairs, Concentration in International Law and Organizations, Columbia University School of International & Public Affairs
- Bachelor of Arts cum laude, History and French majors, Amherst College
Pritzker Family Enterprise: A Family Governance Case Study
The Pritzker family enterprise story raises questions about the long-term purpose, impact, and challenges of multi-generational family business, wealth, and philanthropy. The case study follows the family over more than a century, from the arrival of an ambitious immigrant, to the creation of a family enterprise worth $15+ billion, and the ultimate division of assets among family members.
Articles & Books
Hot off the Press!
The Trustee Primer: A Guide for Personal Trustees
Essential guidance for those who create, administer and benefit from trusts. Now available for purchase online. Order here.
Planning Trust Administration to Avoid Conflict, with Joseph C. Mahon
The Family Council: Overseer and Catalyst
May we help you?
- Strategic planning with practical action steps for individuals, families, and organizations.
- Critical analysis of complex family trusts, businesses, holding companies, family office challenges.
- Compassionate guidance for members of families with complex multi-generational assets.